Sign-ups for Sockapalooza 4 should be open at the end of Jan. Keep your eyes posted to Alison’s blog I missed this last year so hope to join this year.
I also joined the TBR challenge 2007. The idea being to read 12 books that have been on your ‘to be read’ list during 2007.
Here is my list:
1. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
2. A Gathering Light by Jennifer Donnelly
3. Cold Comfort Farm by Stella Gibbons
4. The Virgin’s Lover by Phillipa Gregory
5. The Abortionist’s Daughter by Elisabeth Hyde
6. Small Island by Amanda Levy
7. Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
8. Labyrinth by Kate Mosse
9. Starter for Ten by David Nicholls
10. The Little Friend by Donna Tartt
11. The American Boy by Andrew Taylor
12. Morvern Callar by Alan Warner
1. Perfume by Patrick Suskinds
2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
3. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguto
4. My Cousin Rachel by Daphne du Maurier
5. Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs
6. Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs
7. Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs
8. Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs
9. Fatal Voyage by Kathy Reichs
10. Cross Bones by Kathy Reichs
11. Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs
I have been busy joining as I also joined the Lime & Violet Sock Marathon. This is a Flickr group and the idea is to see how far you can knit your sock yarn. I have 5.4miles of sock yarn but that doesn’t count my recently purchased Lime & Violet and Violet’s Pink Ribbon from Lisa Souza, which I am waiting to be delivered. It will be cool to see how far I get in three months.
On a sock theme I also joined Socktopia, each month three themes are given and you chose one knit a pair pf socks around it.
The Wicked sweater is going really well, I am just starting the waist decreases. I will get a progress shot over the weekend. I should get some done tomorrow as I am meeting up with a uni friend to teach her to knit. Wish me luck!
I was tagged by Stephanie so here goes:
The Page 123 Meme
1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, look down to the 5th sentence.
3. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog.
4. Include the title and the author’s name.
5. Tag 3 People.
“Antiretroviral therapy may be initiated for maternal indications depending on clinical, immunological and virological assessment. Although Zidovudine is the only drug licensed for use in pregnancy, current US guidelines suggest combination therapy should be used.”
Clinical Medicine by Kumar & Clark – Ch.1 infectious Disease, Tropical Medicine & STD’s/
I use my desk for my studying so all the books around me are science/medical.