It seems many people are posting their new years resolutions (knitting and non-knitting related) so decided to post mine
1) To get fitter – excercising is difficult with my ME but small walk and light workouts in a sensible manner should help. I played on my nephews Wii on New Years Eve and am now trying to persuade Karl that we should get one. We got a £50 Argos voucher from his brother for xmas and some money from his parents so with that we would only need to add a small amount. I have my student loan coming soon and once we have cleared out debts (we will be debt free by the end of the month) he has said if we have some left then he’ll think about it. I really think this could go some way to helping me.
2) Start geocaching. I really really want to start this (it is also tied into number 1, as the walking will help) but this will involve buying a GPS which I may no be able to afford if we get a Wii. As geocaching is more of a spring/summer activity I may wait until Easter to get a GPS and start
3) Learn to quilt. Karl’s brother and his wife are expecting a baby in June and i would really like to make this quilt for them. Yet, again this is going to involve an initial outlay of money, not only for fabric etc, but also as I would like to get a rotary cutter, mat and ruler.
4) Finish off my WIPs or frog those I will not finish
5) Be more organised at Uni. I tried really hard last semester and was doing well until I left some work until the minute, got ill and couldn’t get it done in time.
6) Continue with my Carb Curfew – I was reasonably good until the start of Dec. but now I will start again and try to loose the other 2 stone I want to