1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
It has to be made with 100% milk, I can’t stand the instant just add water stuff. I usually have a large mug and use frothed milk.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
I try not to keep these in the house on a regular basis, but on special occasions or when I am out with friends I like both. Although marshmallows are better for the diet.
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I tend with knit with natural fibres, wool, alpaca, silk and blends of these. I just knit a Clapotis with some Malabrigo and loved it. It is high up on my list. I also love squishy sock sock yarn.
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I knit, and have been for 2 years now. I do want to learn to crochet at some point.
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I got a set of Knitpicks Harmony interchangables and dpns for christmas and love them. Before that I used bamboo circs (either addi or clover) and brittany birch dpns. I still love my brittany birch dpns as they are shorter in length than the knitpicks. I find that I can’t knit with metal needles as they drain the warmth from my hands which affects my joints.
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I have reasonable amount of notions. I have quite a few stitch markers but believe you can never have too many as most of them are so pretty and works of art within themselves. If I have a pal from the US it would be great to be sent some T-pins for blocking as they are not available in this country.
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
I often go to block something and wish I had some blocking wires, but never seem to get around to getting some. I also would love to get some sock blockers but again never get around to buying some.
6. What is your favorite ‘quick knit/crochet’ pattern (quick gratification)
I don’t really have one. I’m not really about the quick gratification, more about the process of acheiving the end result. I did enjoy knitting a clapotis from 2 skeins of Malabrigo, as it took much less time than I thought.
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Find somewhere cosy to sit, watch a classic movie, drink hot chocolate and knit.
2. What is your favorite animal?
Polar bears (and hamsters)
3. Do you get the ‘winter blahs’?
Not as much as I used to. I don’t tend to feel so much ‘blah’ as ‘urgh’. The cold makes my ME/CFS worse so I suffer from fatigue and pain in the winter, which causes frustration rather than depression
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Take a nice long hot bath, whilst reading a good book and listening to some good music
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Warmer weather, drinking iced caramel macchiatos
6. What are your favorite treat?
this is tricky as it all depends on how I am feeling. Sometimes it chocolate, other times soem nice cheese and crackers. As long as it is in moderation I often give in to my cravings as depriving oneself makes you want that thing even more
7. What is your favorite board game?
I love Trivial Pursuit
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
2 gerbils, 2 chinese hamsters, 1 syrian hamster & 1 russian dwarf hamster (I also have a boyfriend is who is 25 going on 6)
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
I am allergic to mohair and angora so no yarn containing that please (however small the quantity it still really affects me) I am also allergic to cats and dogs. Foodwise I am allergic to raw tomatoes (but I don’t think you’ll be sending me those any way) and I don’t like dried fruit of any variety or minty flavoured things.