I did it!!!! I went all that time without buying myself new yarn. I have been gifted yarn in swaps and my mum bought me some alpaca to make the mirepoix bodice with (in exchange for some clothes, including my Simple Knitted Bodice and Wicked! that no longer fitted me gue to weight loss), but I personally didn’t buy any
My original Top 10
1. RPMs : Crown Mountain Farm – Beat Goes On
2. Bird Foot : OnLine – Black and Lanna Grossa Meillenweit Fun
3. Brompton : Rowanspun DK
4. Carolina: Socks That Rock Lightweight – Little Bunny Foo Foo
Clapotis : Malabrigo – Dusty Olive Finished Dec 07
6. Spring Things Shawl : Jagger Zephyrspun – Elderberry
Wisp Ice Queen : Malabrigo – Olive
8. Beret : Twilley’s Freedom Spirit – Earth
9. Tank : Twilley’s Freedom Spirit – Earth finished Jan 08
10. FrankenMitts : Cascade 220 Heathers (brown and green)
The list of what I actually knit over the time period
1. Clapotis – Malabrigo Worsted (Dusty Olive)
2. Tank – Twilleys Freedom Spirit (Earth)
3. Miss Bean – various worsted weight wool and cotton
4. Juliet – Rowan Cotton Rope (purple) (frogged as lost weight and no longer fits me, but have re-cast on a smaller size now)
5. Eleanor Socks – Cherry Tree Hill Supersock Merino (Spring Frost)
6. Swallowtail Shawl – Malabrigo Lace (Glazed Carrott)
7. Cobblestone – Cascade 220 Heathers
8. Central Park Hoodie – Rowanspun Aran (Cavier)
9. Tree Jacket – Arauncania Attacama (greens)
10. Bertie Scarf – Sublime Baby Cashmerino Silk DK (Piglot)
I was going to cast on the beret which was on my original list but couldn’t find the pattern last night, so cast on some fingerless gloves with some Socks That Rock instead.
This was starting to get hard!!!! My stash has decreased a fair bit (although I didn’t use up as much sock yarn as I would have liked) and I only have 2 sweaters worth of yarn left, and if this had continued much longer I may have crumbled. Looking back I can see how much I have completed and am really pleased with my results.
I think taking up sewing in November was a big help as I made a lot of xmas present with fabric instead of yarn and divide my time between sewing, knitting and embroidery.
Well done to all the other finishers, and commiserations to those that fell, you have your new yarn as compensation.