I saw this over on katydidknits and just had to have a go.
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?
- Open your mp3 library
- put it on shuffle
- press play
- for every question type the song playing
- when you got o a new questions, press next
- don’ lie and pretend your cool
- don’t skip songs
- Opening Credits: Room on the 3rd Floor – McFly (Room on the 3rd floor)
- Waking Up: Time is Running Out – Muse (Absolution)
- First Day At School: Chump – Green Day (Dookie)
- Fight Song: Wonderwall – Oasis (Stop the Clocks)
- Breaking Up: Shame For You – Lily Allen (Alright, Still)
- Happiness: Pretty Green – The Jam (Beat Surrender)
- Life’s Okay: Stay Together For The Kids – Blink-182 (Take off your Pants)
- Mental Breakdown: The Letter – James Morrison (Undiscovered)
- Driving: Long Live Rock – The Who (The Ultimate Collection)
- Flashback: Transylvania – McFly (Motion In The Ocean)
- Getting Back Together: Monkey Wrench – Foo Fighters (The Colour And The Shape)
- Wedding Song: Miracle – Foo Fighters (In Your Honour)
- Birth of First Child: My Little Empire – Manic Street Preachers (This Is My Truth, Tell Me Yours)
- Final Battle Scene: The Seeker – The Who (The Ultimate Collection)
- Death Scene: The Anthem – Good Charlotte (The Young & The Hopeless)
- Funeral Song: Unsaid Things – McFly (Room On The 3rd Floor)
- End Credits: Cigarettes & Alcohol – Oasis (Stop The Clocks)
Mrs Bob is still missing, we have done a through search of the cupboard under the stairs but no luck. I will keep you posted. (Piglottie if you go here you will find special hamster sized ladders, for helping them up the vertical tubes of the rotastak cages, we have also used her tubes as a way of getting her into a bin/bucket but she’s just too clever)
Why is it things always happen in 3’s
- that ‘buy it now’ item on ebay that’ been around a good 2 weeks ( the one you HAVE to have) suddenly gets sold the moment you can afford to buy it! And there is no trace of similar item anywhere on the net.
- the morning after you downloaded the new Lime n Violet podcast, (and boy do you need them on this particular morning to see you through the commute) your ipod decides to stick!
- one of hamsters decides to play Houdini!
We don’t how, as all her stoppers where on her cage (although one may not have been locked) but Mrs Bob is on vacation. We believe she headed somewhere in the direction of the cupboard under the stairs country and maybe more specifically folded table le sol. We left food, bedding, water and her cage – she had a drink, took bedding and food (whilst we both out today) but is still refusing to return home.
I have nightmares that she’s making bedding from my cashmere/silk laceweight or my alpaca/silk. The fact that she’s a Russian Dwarf Hamster, and as good a climber as she is, could probably not climb the stairs unnoticed does nothing for my nerves.
Knitting is happening, I have severe SSS on the Chain Link Socks and am awaiting some Lorna’s Laces Shepherd Sock in Camouflage to make these for Karl for his birthday. I already have some LL in natural and will use Opal Uni in brown for the toes, heels and ribs. I have only the tassels to add to the multi-directional scarf for my Mum’s friend and am I am about 1/4 through the Green Bulky Cable cardigan (which I’m knitting in purple/pink/grey Rowan Plaid) and loving the way it is looking. I finished Wicked ages ago (so long ago that I’ve had to wash it as I love it so much) I will get photos as the weekend – promise!
I frogged the Corazen mittens because at the end of last week I purchased a new coat (one I had been drooling over in Next since before Xmas but couldn’t afford, it then appeared in the Next discount store half price – it would have been rude not get it) which is green/brown in colour and I wouldn’t have worn the mittens in there pink/brown colourway, it is all good practice however. The mittens will be re-cast on but using green and brown. I did however finish my first ever stranded colourwork item – Ring of Fire Hat. I love the design, the colour, everything, except the fact that my head is too small. It is blocking at the moment so photos at the weekend – I am so proud! I may felt it slightly so it is wearable as I am reluctant to give it away as I see it as a milestone in my knitting progress. I will definitely make another but using smaller needles next time.
Off to get dinner, watch TV and knit!
I made a conscious effort not to sign-up to any swaps as I have a busy university schedule over the next semester but decided to a make the exception for Secret Pal 10 (and the International Tote Exchange 3). I really enjoyed SP9 and like the idea of swapping over a peroid of time as opposed to a once off swap.
So here is my Questionnaire for SP10
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Anthing as long as it is natural. Would love to try some of the more bizzare fibres e.g. seasilk, bamboo (not so bizzare anymore) etc
What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Mohair and angora because I am allergic
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have needle cases for my straights and my dpns(my dpn case is getting full) but my circulars are just in there packets in my bag.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? I orignally “learnt” when I was 9 – I was awful! I re-learnt Xmas 2005 when I received a scarf kit as a present from my Mum.
Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I would class myself as an advanced beginner/intermediate.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Many of differing sorts but the knitting/craft books are on the main one
5. What’s your favorite scent? I love the smell of lavender, vanilla and ylang ylang. I also love the smell of coffee, citrus smells and fresh smells
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Yes but I am on a diet, I have an addiction to Millstones Coffee and Adagio Teas(which are not available in the UK) so in moderation
Favorite candy? I love nutty chocolate and Jelly Bellys
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I used to make cards/scrap-book no longer have time. I have tried dying and as soon the weather improves in the UK will defintely be having another go.
Do you spin? No, but I keep looking a drop spindles and wondering how hard it is!
8. What kind of music do you like? Everything and anything. There is usually an ‘on my ipod’ section on the sidebar which changes periodically
Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD). Yes
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Pinks, reds and oranges (the brighter the better), purples and greens (think Lime n Violet) as well as chocolate brown.
Any colors you just can’t stand? Not a fan of gold(en)
10. What is your family situation? Live with ex boyfriend (who is now housemate)
Do you have any pets? Hamsters
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? Scarves, hats and mittens. Not ponchos as such but like capelets.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? Socks, lace shawls, top-down raglans.
13. What are you knitting right now? Socks, Forest Canopy Shawl, Corazon & Bulky Green Cables
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Most definetely
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either/both
Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Wood or bamboo
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? I was bought a ball winder for Xmas but haven’t yet purchased a swift
17. How old is your oldest UFO? Forest Canopy Shawl is about 3 months old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? Don’t really have one
19. Is there anything that you collect? No
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? For books see Amazon Wish List.Yarn I would love to try is Malabrigo (as everyone raves about is softness.) I have also been looking at the South West Trading Yarn especially the Tofutsie sock yarn and the Vickie Howell Yarn.Hand Maiden Seasilk. Being from the UK if I have a pal from US some Knitpicks would be cool as it is impossible to get over here.
What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None – but I buy Interweave Knits
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn? I am currently getting to grips with stranded colorwork and conquered cables last year. I plan to advance my lace skills this summer.
22. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, yes and yes!!!
What are your foot measurements? I am a UK5. I have slightly wide feet so tend to make socks for myself with a bit stretch.
23. When is your birthday? 1st Novemember
To my Pal – anything else you need to know just e-mail me!
I saw this is Bekki’s blog (then it seemed to appear everywhere)
WHAT: A Bloggers‘ (Silent) Poetry Reading
WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2007
WHERE: Your blog
WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Bridgid, aka Groundhog Day
HOW: Select a poem you like – by a favorite poet or one of your own – to post February 2nd.
RSVP: If you plan to publish, feel free to leave a comment and link on this post.
I had a hard time trying to decided on just one but I went for tradition over contemporary
He Wishes For The Cloth Of Heaven
Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
Enwrought with golden and silver light,
Of night and light and the half-light,
I would spread the cloths under your feet:
But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams